Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Virginity 2.0 finally broken

So this is the first post in this very promising beginning in the blog-sphere, heck I can even feel the pressure of the whole thing, we have a self fulfilling prophecy us humans or humanoids or maybe even us homos, well you know us homo-sapiens any of you homophobic reading this keep in mind, the latin or scientific word for humans is homo-sapiens.

Now i've procrastinated many things in life, but some i've completely just forgotten about. As of now i'm glad blogging isn't one of them. So I spent sometime thinking what in the god's name will be my first post or rant on? So I figured blogging itself well not blogging per say but more rather why your better of procrastinating it.

Blogging is serious BUSINESS! (I say this with a chinese accent) funny chinese accent aside, it is serious business blogging for some professionals doesn't only keep them in check and great way to curate the very content or stuff out there that interest them at the same time expressing what they think about it. But more importantly the fact that blogging is today's new world order of journalism depending on the blog that is, now try to imagine if Edward R. Murrow had a blog? I'm sure he would have some very varying opinions about the whole thing, but then again he did coin the term ''media insulation'' now that we are overly liberated by this obscene medium I really wonder up there in heaven with the likes of Biggie what he would think about the whole thing!

As I write this a friend whom i'm going to only refer to as 'Big Bird' once inquisitively asked me , do you have the tendency of self-censoring what your write? After almost a minute I said ''err mm yeah'' without knowing really why I do that!

I think when we write or blog we are often scared of ourselves! Will our opinions, thoughts or knowledge within a certain area is sufficient for us to blog? Can we accept criticism when it comes and deal with it? I'm not yet sure. But i've written articles for newspapers before they will do that for you! The censoring bit. Ultimately i've learned several things about blogging, i'll call them my blogging fears 101's :

Your wondering if you will even have readership, I say p resistance pays off , when followed by consistency
it has to look nice for me to get inspired, I say the layout of my blog took me longer than actually writing this, so yes take your time.
Content you say? the blog-sphere I guess has always been about niche content, so many bloggers so much crap out there to read, don't worry every mind has an audience.
This is the ultimate of TamNet's 101 fears , commitment ! Yes commitment is a strong word, and it should be. Because committing to a blog is like getting married! (i'm not married by the way) the moment you stop communicating to your blog/audience it's a like a tease that should've not been there in the first place, but we all love a little teasing..

I'm just glad I don't have aunts pressuring me to blog! Unlike getting married, that I have too many fans ! though they are yet to know whether i'm good at it or not, marriage that is!

That's all folks to my next 2.0 rant, everything social media or worth the acronym wtf!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to be your first fan, surely many many more will come. I look forward to reading and learning a lot TamNet101!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I hope I always will be able to provoke a comment from you on each post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start bro...stay committed!

    ReplyDelete